- Most of the energy loss in a garage comes from the bottom and sides of a garage door not being sealed.
- Garage doors have many moving parts that need lubrications (rollers, cables wheels locks and shaft bearings). There are many spray lubes available but most are expensive. A squirt can with 10W30 motor oil is the best.
- Silicones are great for along sops where there is drag associated.
- When grease or oil stains appear on the garage door, clean them off immediately to keep door finish looking good.
- Caution: (1) Torsion springs should only be adjusted by a professional. (2) Garage doors are a moving object so please keep children from playing near them.